Friday, December 5, 2008

A Recap of This Week's Events

1. At lunch on Tuesday, my coworkers and I talked about the book we would someday like to write. My answer was simple and hard - I would love to write a biography on my Grandpa Wenciker. I don't know a whole lot about him, and he's not here any longer to tell me, but the parts I know are intriguing. I know he was one of many children in a depression-era household and was actually given up because they couldn't afford him. I know he was in the army and was dreamy enough to catch the attention of my sassy French Grandma. I just love the story of their meeting and marrying.

2. I got my mole removed. Elliot's been trying to do it for months but he's not medically certified. Yet. I've hated that thing for all of my life. Fun Fact? It even got airbrushed from some of my Senior Pictures because the photog thought it was dirt.

3. I had a party on Wednesday. It was a Signature Homestyles Party - and I invited everyone to come whenever they wanted. I tell ya, I haven't had that much fun in a long, long time. I should consider having get togethers more often. I think Aunt B tried to call me - but it was loud and I missed the call. I had no way to call her back - so if that was you Aunt B, I'm sorry!

4. We made Christmas plans to visit the Missouri Morrissey's. Christmas day will be a traditional ham type of dinner but the next day will be a Nebraska type of dinner: Valentino's Pizza. I can hardly wait.

5. Went to Nate M.'s birthday party on Tuesday at Lost in Fun. It's a fantastic place for a party, really. I just can't get over the fact that he's 2. That means - eek - that my nephew will be 2 next followed by my own son. YIKES.

6. I made robes for the boys' birthdays. They are the cutest little robes ever. And I just now realized that I forgot to get fabric scraps for my mom - Sorry Mom!

No comments: