Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Circus is Here - Where are the Cows?

The circus is in town. This typically involves a few days of me on edge because of the calliope stationed right outside my office window playing that monotonous circus tune all day long. For whatever reason, it isn't even outside this year - and I'm hoping it stays that way.

A coworker of mine was quite excited to see the trucks pulling up and continually ran in my office to see if any animals were on the street. (In her defense, we did see horses and elephants frequently last year.) This went on all morning.

In the afternoon, I sent her an email. The subject said "Quick!" and inside I had told her to hurry up because they're unloading the cows. Within 3 seconds, I hear her running down the hall and straight for my window.

I'm dying laughing. Through my laughs I managed to get out "there are no COWS in the circus!" She laughed, turned red and jokingly got mad at me. By this point I was crying from laughing so hard.

If anyone sees "Denwi" (I have to honor her privacy) - ask her what, exactly, cows would even do in a circus. She won't answer me.

No comments: