Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Naughty Naughty

Our little guy was Mr. Naughty this morning.

How naughty?

He was in time out twice before 6:30 a.m.

Sweetheart, I love you but if you don't stop throwing your food on the ground in a fit of toddler-rage we're going to have issues. Oh, but you didn't stop there, did you. After you cleared the table with one big sweep of your arm you decided to take a swing at mommy. That's when this escapade came to a screeching halt.

In time out, out of time out and a hug with "I sorry mommy" whispered in my ear.

Then we needed to change your diaper. You laid down nicely and seemed to be waiting patiently as I took off your clothes and then the kicking began. I gave you two warnings to knock it off. It was when you kicked me in the face that I ended the game.

In time out (without pants), out of time out and a hug with "I sorry mommy" whispered in my ear.

While I know the apology is cute and sometimes melts my anger away it wasn't working at 6:20 this morning. I'm pretty sure it's something you HAVE to say at daycare and while I want to believe that you are too young to know just how mean and naughty you're being, I can't help but remember stories of both of your grandfathers' and even your dad's shenanigans. I take a moment and pause to reflect... and then mumble under my breath that you'll be a dead man if you pull the stunts they did.

Let that be a warning, Mr. Naughty. You're on thin ice already and you're only two.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I feel ya. It seems like Henry has some of his biggest meltdowns in the morning. He was in time out about 10 minutes after he woke. Glad to know that I am not the only one out there suffering from toddler meltdowns.