Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Morning Tantrum

Elliot, along with every single other classmate (except, of course, Crazy Brenda's kid) was flipping out this morning having just been left by their parent. I calmly told him that I loved him, patted him on the head, kissed his cheek and said "suck it up, honey, we do this almost every day" and proceeded to leave.

On my walk to work I realized something. Had I played all weekend with 6 grandparents, 4 aunts and uncles, saw 3 real-life motorcycles, gone to the zoo, went for a bike ride, visited Tecumseh, numerous trips to the store, played with Nate, Mike and Kelly all afternoon and was fighting a cold on top of it all... I wouldn't want to be "stuck" at daycare either.

Waaaait a minute. I think I have this all wrong. After taking care of a 2 year old through all of that I think I should be the one in daycare today so I can eat, sleep and play my day away.

No comments: