Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Definition of Bittersweet

I am looking forward to this weekend in Colorado. Fred and I leave tonight and are driving out for his friend Josh's wedding and are padding a day each way for the Rocky Mountain National Park and a Rockie's game. Not comin' back until Monday.

Did you catch the part about it just being Fred and I?

It was hard to type. This will officially be the longest that we have been apart from Elliot at the same time. He's not even gone yet (but will be in a matter of hours) and I'm already missing him.

Rationally, I know this weekend would be NO fun for him and that he will have a grand time in Tecumseh. And I know that Fred and I will have enjoy eating out without coaxing him to try the beans, sleeping past 6:30 a.m. and having "normal" adult conversation.

But.

I miss him already.

No comments: