Monday, June 1, 2009

WM: Saturday, May 30, 2009

A friend of Jen's, Leanne Wadenpfuhl, is starting a new thing - Weekend Moment - and I'm intrigued. Intrigued by the idea of it, but also to see how long I'll keep up with it.

The idea is to capture a moment from your weekend (hence naming it Weekend Moment) and spew it into your blog through any form of media - picture, haiku, dissertation, simple reflection, etc. I think everyone ought to give it a try, at least once.

Consider this my first attempt.

Fred and I were in Kansas City on Saturday to see Ben Folds. As we sat and waited (not)patiently for him to take the stage, Fred looked at me and said - we met at a Ben Folds concert in Kansas City 7 years ago. Would you have guessed we'd be here again but this time be married almost 5 years and have a 2 year old?

I sort of smiled/smirked. He smiled back.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Hooray! I <3 Ben Folds.