I assume he's tired of the old socks-and-undies routine based on the numbers of items he was able to rattle off in a matter of seconds. But it was the last one that stopped me in my tracks.
Whoa, Fred Seckman, just who do you think we are? Did you get some astronomical raise I don't know about? Did YOU win the lottery? Did you cash out our retirement accounts? Cause, whoa, man. Whoa.
What did he want? An all expense paid trip to Wrigley Field for Opening Day for him and 10 friends.
I did some quick math on the basics:
- Tickets to the game - $50 each x 11 people: $550.00
- They'll have to take 3 cars - 533 miles each way / 22mpg x $3.20 for gas x 3 vehicles: $232.58
- Gas station snacks and Mountain Dews - $4 each x 11 people x 4 stops: $176.00
- Fast food meals - $10 each x 11 people x 4 times: $440.00
- Hotel stay for 2 nights w/ 2 per room - $210 x 6 rooms x 2 nights: $2,520.00
- Fancy breakfast at hotel - $18 each x 11 people: $198.00
- Then they'll eat at Harry Carays downtown - $45 times 11 people: $495.00
- They'll obviously need beer and snacks at the game - $20 times 11 people: $220.00
- Souvenirs at the game and new hats - $35 each: $385.00