Sunday, December 16, 2007

Worst Mom Ever

Last night should have been like any other.. Elliot went to bed at 7:30 and around 10 I went in to check on him and put his blanket back on him before we turn in for the night. I went in his room and grabbed his blanket, leaning over his crib. All of the sudden, he pops up and stares me straight in the face.

I ran out of there hoping he was asleep - not the case. It started as yelling and quickly escalated to screaming with a dash of hyperventilating thrown in. I, 'Worst Mom of 2007' just successfully scared the bejeezus out of my child. It took some time with me, some time alone and some time with dad before he finally calmed down enough to go to sleep.

I can't help but wonder if moments like this are what causes kids to believe monsters are in their room??

After he went to sleep (about 30 minutes later), Fred and I had a good laugh about it but not before admitting that if I woke up to some huge head leaning over me I'd probably freak out and pee my pants too.

No comments: