Saturday, May 17, 2008

Germs and Diseases 1, Elliot 0

Well. Here we are again - Elliot's sick.

I'm not going to mention the part where Elliot's father (who shall remain nameless and probably make me pull this blog once he reads it) had him in the doctor's office on Thursday for shots and probably should have pushed the issue then. But - I'm not going to even mention it.

Elliot has been sick off and on for the last month. On Weds p.m. he started to cough - a deep, gross one. Then Thurs a.m. and Fri a.m. he had low grade fevers and I noticed he was breathing a little more shallow than usual.

Mommy Instincts were firing on Thursday (ah-hem, Dad) - but were exploding on Friday.

I took him in on Friday afternoon. Seems congestion is our culprit and decided to reek havoc on his little system. We have a "pretty bad" sinus infection and we also have to do breathing treatments on him 4x daily for the next week b/c his lungs are pretty full as well. Re-check is next Friday.

As much as I feel bad for Elliot, I feel a little bad for his parents since we opted for high deductible insurance this year. It went like this:

Dr: He has a sinus infection
Anna's Brain: Cha-Ching!
Dr: And he is wheezing so we need to do breathing treatments
Anna's Brain: Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!
Dr: We'll send you home with a machine and get two prescriptions sent over
Anna's Brain: CHA-CHING! CHA-CHING!
Dr: Oh, and I'll want to see him again next Friday
Anna's Brain: CHAAAAAAAA-CHIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!

BUT.. no one said having a child is cheap. And if this is what it takes to get our "old" Elliot back, I'd gladly pay double.

No comments: