Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ignore vs. Ignorance

I was thinking of a title for this post and came upon yet another idiosyncrasy of the English language.

My intention was to post to what extent I am going trying to ignore someone today. So I thought of "Pleading Ignorance" but as it turns out ignore and ignorance are two very different words. In one case I'm trying to pretend someone isn't bugging me but in the other case I'm calling myself a moron.

Regardless. I am really trying to ignore someone this afternoon. I even shut down my email so I don't have to lie about not reading their persistent emails. I am pretending to be oh-so-busy in here clacking away at my keyboard when really I'm crafting this note. My only problem is that my trusty "savior" isn't here so I'm kind of stuck waiting for her to physically hunt me down and corner me.

I know what you are thinking: Why? and Does she do this to me?

The why? is easy enough - she's driving me crazy.

And do I do that to you? Likely not - only a select elite group make the ignore list and even they have to work hard to get ignored. Just ask yourself - do I drive her crazy? No?, you're fine. Yes?, it's likely and if you stop being ignorant I might consider breaking my ignore-ment of you.

No comments: