We got back from Chicago yesterday afternoon without much problem. Here are some highlights of the trip - good, bad and funny.
- On the way to Chicago, our backpack was broken in baggage but we were able to salvage it enough to make it fully functional.
- The eL being out at O'Hare was a total mess and Fred now knows what it feels like to literally hang your butt out on an interstate (that's how packed the shuttle was).
- Navigating buses, trolleys and trains with 10 people was tough but we managed. We have learned how to quickly break down two strollers in record time though.
- Things we saw/did: Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Cubs Game, Wicked, Navy Pier, Chicago Children's Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Lincoln Park Zoo, dinner at Goose Island (my parents and one brother came down) and many more little things I am forgetting.
- Lost Elliot's baseball hat in one of the bus rushing... It's true I didn't like that hat but everyone thought it was very cute and he'd wear it. Fred bought a replacement from the zoo but he won't keep it on.
- Lost a stack of clothing out of a suitcase on our way home - surely it was just a mix up since one stack is missing. Sadly, ONE of Elliot's super cool sandals is gone.
- Got caught in the rain a couple times and somewhere out there is a picture of a gaggle of Big Birds as we all traipsed home with bright yellow ponchos on.
All in all, it was a nice trip and we've been recovering our sleep. I slept from 4 yesterday until 7:30 this afternoon, Elliot did a 12-hour night and is napping now and Fred is running on 10 hours of sleep last night. Now it's time to unpack, do laundry and fill our bare cupboards.
We didn't take too many pics (the downside of having been so many times?) - but I'll try to get them posted later today. For now I need to get the bus, train and plane stink off of my body.