Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, as you all know by now I've had one hell of a week to say the least. As we determine how to refinance our house to pay off these medical bills that will be rolling in, I thought I'd give a general update. No plagiarism intended. And probably not much humor as it still hurts to laugh.

These pains came on fast and furious Thursday and never stopped until the surgery on Tuesday afternoon. I was completely out of it until Tuesday night and slept ON MY BACK that night for a few good chunks at a time. Weds they weren't sure if I was going home right away since my O2 levels were kind of low. That's what happens when someone hasn't been able to take a deep breath for a week (and no one seemed to care) - and now it hurts like an SOB to take that breath.

Regardless, the surgeon's assistant came in and looked me over announcing I was good to go if I wanted to go home. And while that was seriously (I am not kidding) the best Jell-O I've ever had, I was ready to go.

So we packed up and 4 hours later (not kidding there either) got our paperwork to leave. We were home by 7ish and Elliot came home a little while later. Pretty uneventful really, but it was one of the best showers I've ever taken and since it had been 3 days....... you get the point!

I don't know what else to say really. I've been home w/ Fred today (E is at daycare) and have been trying to fly solo as much as I can. I think I'm doing well enough that F will be at work tomorrow and I'll be home alone. Not sure about this weekend - it's hard to know that I can't play with, pick up or hold Elliot and he doesn't quite understand that mommy has an owie and instead sort of acts like I'm neglecting him. Truly its harder on me than him at this point.

Let me know if you have any questions... I didn't want to bore with details. Oh and I thought I had this thing set up to where I moderate comments (thanks again, Anonymous) but apparently you can't comment at all... I don't know what I did.

Some of you will find this funny: Apparently, my gall bladder did NOT look like a Christmas jalapeno much to my disappointment. Kinda pissed.

And I could go on for hours about the differences in St. E's and Bryan and how for a huge variety of reasons I would have chosen Bryan if given the options (I apologize if I offended any St. E Lovers) but I will instead give you my number one reason: The pineapple upside down cake at Bryan is TO DIE FOR. I'm not kidding in the least.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and thoughts - and the flowers and cards and visits - it's great to feel so supported. I was pretty sure there for a while that a Gremlin was truly trying to claw out of my body.

No comments: