Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dear Dan,

Jen and I want to take a second to apologize to you. Through a few emails today Jen had a flicker of a memory of us squirting mustard in your mouth and wondered why.

I laughed as the memory came flooding back. I believe it to be one of those days when we were home alone (school break of some kind) and we thought it'd be a great idea to play "Taste Tester" with you. I remember you being unsure about it, but agreed to play.

You sat in front of the refrigerator and Jen and I picked out what we wanted you to guess next. Then I pulled out the mustard. I knew you didn't like it. I remember Jen's face as I showed her what was coming. I'd like to believe it was still a fun game at that point and not the sibling mean-ness that rears its head in all families.

You didn't like the mustard. You got so mad, in fact, that you quit and never played that game with us again. Smart move.

So - from Jen and I, we're sorry.

No comments: