Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Begging and Pleading

Dear Elliot,

It's been a while since I have last written you. And, as usual, I am writing you to ask some favors from you. Some change in current action from you, if you will.

First, lets discuss your current sleeping habits. Not that long ago you put yourself to sleep singing Twinkle Twinkle and I loved it. I was proud to say that you were such a big boy. Now, though, you insist on yelling and screaming yourself to sleep and are still up by 5:45 a.m. ready to talk and sing and play.

Mommy can't do this much longer, honey. You see, my life at work sucks enough as it is right now and I don't really need to be going in short on sleep too after being accosted by you for not being Daddy.

Next up, the potty. If you could just tell me what happened... we were doing so good - we had 10 consecutive days of going potty at least once a day. And now we're back to square one and you'll barely even step into the bathroom. You still go at school and that makes me crazy! Did Froggy Potty bite you? If so - just tell me and I'll put him in timeout.

Last, you are overusing a phrase that makes no sense and I want it to stop. When I ask you if you want pancakes for breakfast and you tell me "I not pancakes!" you must know that it doesn't make sense. I get that you're rebelling against the stringent rules your Daddy and I make for you (I not bath! I not eat! I not shirt! I not shoes!) what with these being the teenage years of your toddler years.

Your 'funny face' is only going to get you so far in life, pal.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

We haven't started potty training and already, the thought of it is making my blood pressure skyrocket.