Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sharing is Caring: 4 Fun Facts About Me

1. In high school, I wrote down every outfit I wore so as not to repeat the same shirt-and-jeans combo in any week-and-a-half time span. Mostly done out of necessity (we really didn't get many clothes), I think I crossed the line when I started adding what color my shoes and socks were.

2. I attended catholic school for grades K-6. I know, right? Wait, no, let me finish. The only class I ever got lower than a B in? Religion. Why? Little Miss Anna didn't like to memorize prayers and found the topic to be a total bore. Instead, I doodled religious-based doodlings in my Religion workbook (I can remember getting 10 extra points because Sr. Cecilia liked my picture of Mary doing the rosary).

3. Back in my late teens/early twenties, I stole menus from restaurants and displayed them proudly on my wall. My mom even stole a few with and for me. Why? Well, I don't really know. It was pretty harmless (I figured) and kind of fun to figure out how I'd sneak it out without anyone knowing. What else was I supposed to do? ...I already had a 12-piece set of cloth napkins from Outback Steakhouse.

4. New Kids on the Block always sucked. They sang like girls - I totally didn't get why they were so cool. I still don't. Everyone I know loved them, having posters and pillows and imaginary weddings with every single one of them. Besides, I was way too busy playing my 'Toy Soldiers' by Martika single cassette tape over and over and over and over and over on my boom box. After that was 'Runaway Train' by Soul Asylum then 'Teen Spirit' by Nirvana.

What are four things I don't know about you?

1 comment:

Mary Kate said...

I hated NKOTB too. I was too cool for them. Martika, huh? Did you know she was on Kids Incorporated? I think she was Fergie's mentor or something.