Sunday, January 3, 2010

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

Looking Back
I see Christmas morning - everything blanketed in snow and a very happy boy giddy to see what Santa Claus left him. (Yes, Santa remembered to bring unnerwears and Gordon.)

We were trapped in our house for 3 days and I wanted to tear my hair out. This was followed by me, our debit card and the mall hanging out for a couple of hours. Ahh, the joys of retail therapy.

Elliot attended Children's Choice Learning Center for the last time. We will miss Ms. Haley more than she'll ever know and are sad she wasn't there for his last day.

We celebrated Christmas, Take 2 with the Seckman/Morrissey families in Tecumseh and as if it weren't already a fact, Elliot now owns more toys than I ever thought possible. Ate a lot, laughed a lot and a good time was had by all.

Looking Ahead
I see us boarding a plane on Tuesday and saying 'Goodbye for now' to the snow and saying 'Hello sunshine' to Walt Disney World. Sure, the forecast is now for 60 and rainy - but hey, it beats -2 and windy any day. I have to be honest as I also see us returning to a foot of snow and being stuck outside of our house when we return.

I think I see Fred surviving the Goofy's Race and a Half at WDW.

Elliot will start attending World of Knowledge as soon as we return - a new school, new teachers and an old friend Nate.

Fred will turn 30 and then Elliot turns 3. Oy.

I see family visits from the Craun's and Wenciker grandparents with a potential visit their direction this August.

I see Elliot growing... quickly. I see Sienna dying (a girl can dream, right?). I see Fred and I sharing more laughs with - and, of course AT - each other. And I see our joy of scaring the crap out of each other rubbing off on Elliot already and I love every second of it.

No comments: