Thursday, April 15, 2010

Heading Out

Elliot and I are heading out to Chicago and staying with my parents for a couple of days. The main reason for the trip is to attend the Quilt Expo with my mom and to just get away for a couple of days.

I'm 90% sure it'll be a good weekend. 90% is knowing that Elliot and I will be fine, and have fun, once we get there. That last 10% (it's a small number, right?) is the actual trip. I see it going one of two ways:

  1. Elliot sleeps for a bit, zones out a little, reads books and has a dialogue with me about the things he sees along the interstate. Fine and dandy, other than the onslaught of children's music.
  2. Knowing we're essentially only driving through Iowa, he's going to get bored talking about barns and cows and will revolt. The second we get out of the car for a potty break he'll tear off through the fields screaming 'Freedom! Freedom at last!' and refuse to come back. He'll then show up at Fred's desk at work telling him what a horrendous experience it was and how he 'not loves' his mommy any more. Then I will cry.

If it doesn't go swimmingly, I plan to blame my dad. He's the one that begged me - via 837 text messages - to bring Elliot along.

No comments: