Monday, June 14, 2010

Time to Change

Today's the day we move to Dream House: Realistic Version. It's the house we can afford, but yet don't feel like we're 'settling' on anything in this house: great neighborhood, close to a trail, enough room for all of us, hardwood floors, large backyard and further away from Lazlo's.

(We need to cut the cord from Lazlo's and this should help.)

A lot of changes are happening with the Seckmans. We're moving. Elliot's in preschool. The Medwick's are gone. We'll be eating IN more and hopefully digging through recipes and cookbooks to expand our currently drab menu. I even gave the old blog a face lift!

The more I clean this old place out, the more I see why we fell in love with it. The open layout, the natural light, huge back yard and on a cul de sac close to a park, trail and elementary school.

I'm ready for change.
I'm ready to be in a house that doesn't need anything updated.

I'm ready for Fred to brew up some "New House Beer" so we can have a big old BBQ later this summer and show off our new digs.

You'll come, right?

2 comments:

Tina said...

I like the new blog background - can't wait to see the new digs! We're jealous and ready for our dream home, but still have to wait a few more years... :)

Aunt Becky said...

I'm on my way!