Tuesday, August 10, 2010

J'adore Livres

I love books.
Love, love, LOVE them.

This year, I started tracking my reads at Goodreads.com (I am AMSeckman and we should totally be Goodreads friends!) since the library completely failed me in this regard.

A while back, a co-worker turned me on to a rather funny blogger and I've been in love with Jen Lancaster ever since. Like, I want to BE her. Or, at a minimum, meet her some day. I digress... this same co-worker told me to read her books and this weekend I started Pretty in Plaid and I must say - J'adore!

(At this point, likely only this co-worker is laughing at my lame French. But that's because she's already read it. Of course, this assumes she even reads my idiotic blog.)

A biography told like I would tell it - everything slanted from only my point of view - and although I'm not far in, I find myself relating to a lot of it. I was literally laughing out loud while reading the bit about obtaining patches in Girl Scouts.

You can imagine Fred's annoyance driving through Iowa with me giggling every 3 minutes.

Digressing again, sorry.

But then it hit me. Qu'est-ce l'enfer?
(Busted, I totally English-to-French'ed that.)

Why, I'm pretty sure I'm still owed a patch! What's funny is that I can remember thinking every time we met that maybe this time would be the time when I would finally get my Caring for Kids Patch. I babysat my brains out! I remember going through the checklist in my book and my mom signing off on it.

I did the work, Bob Girl Scouts, now gimme my patch!
Oh, what's that? You don't think I sold enough cookies?
Well, you can take your cookies AND MY PATCH and shove it.

*sigh* I just love how books can bring back memories.

No comments: