Monday, April 25, 2011

Things I Don't Understand for a Thousand, Alex.

Answer:  The Royal Wedding

I don't get what the big flipping deal is.  Of course, this is the same girl that doesn't watch our own Presidents get sworn in on Inauguration Day but still. 

What it boils down to for me is this:  Isn't this country and it's monarchy exactly what we were trying to get away from oh-so-many years ago?  Why yes, it is.  We didn't like the monarchy set up and we didn't like them bossing us around so we threw a little fit and staged a large-scale temper tantrum to let them know.

Fast forward a century or so and now we're having parties just to watch the royal wedding? 

I don't get it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I second that!

{B} said...

Damn...if you get that invitation from me for tea and crumptets at 4 am Friday morning, would you just give it to Fred? I'm SURE he'll ride his bike down and enjoy the festivities with me! I did buy you a princess crown to wear..but I can take it back! :) Love ya...Aunt B