And I don't honestly know when or if it will get any better.
You see, I just don't feel like I have anything to talk about that you would actually want to read. Things are going on, sure, but I never feel like it's anything you'd want to hear about. Or I have a post in mind that nearly requires a picture - something I'm just too lazy and forgetful to do. And some are things that I'm not sure how to actually talk about here.
So, instead, I give you blippits (blurbs + snippets):
- Elliot has moved up to the 4 year old / official preschool room at school leaving behind his beloved Ms. Nicole. Her favorite memory of him? Him coming up to her and politely telling her "my shorts are in my body" ... I guess we failed at teaching him what a wedgie is.
- Also, he got new shoes - in a size 12W. Hellllo, giant feet.
- The first Farmers' Market I did was great. The second? Sucked so bad that it had me re-thinking my ability to even turn on a sewing machine. Thankfully, Etsy picked up a bit and my confidence was restored. Farmers' Market though? Pshaw, I'm over you.
- I got a REALLY COOL invite to be in a local craft show (that shall remain nameless for what I'm about to say...) but then got uninvited (I KNOW) because one item I make is too similar to something that two other people make. I responded that I was disappointed and thought I had more to offer than just that one item... and noted I wouldn't be applying. I'm really upset about this one - I was so excited that she searched me out and personally invited me to be a part of her show and then, with clickety-clack of the keyboard, uninvited me without much thought.
- New nephew alert! Wyatt joined the ranks of Seckman grand kids as Fred's sister Steph had her second child nearly 2 weeks ago. He's as cute as his brother was and just as charming.
- We'll be at Disney World in 29 days! I only wish that said FOR 29 days.
- And because thinking of the big Dee-Dub (get it? DW? Short for Disney World? Oh forget it.) reminds me of lots of people taking your picture, let me tell you a sad little story involving yours truly. You see, we had a special event last week that I had to work at and numerous pictures were taken. Numerous pictures showing just how (ah-hem) large I have become. If you know me at all, you know I'm not one of those 'Yeah, and I'm proud of my curves" women but, instead, am the type that was made physically ill at the sight and cued up the band for my very own pity party while simultaneously trying to hide out under a desk somewhere lest someone should see this ugliness. How much ugly can I lose in 29 days?
- The place where I work laid off two employees on the first of this month thanks to the lack of funding to sustain the positions. I'm still not sure what to think about it all and am completely unsure that it's even blog appropriate. All I know is that I am no longer working with two people that I considered to be both, coworkers and friends. And I miss them. And, in a sick sort of way, I'm happy it wasn't me.
- On the heels of that news, we decided to take on a few home improvement projects in the event that it could be me next time and if we needed to sell the house, at least we'd be ready to go. What started off as some weeding and mulching in the back led to painting shutters, painting the front door, installing new door hardware and making plans to replace outside lights next month. Speaking of outside...
- Shrubbery Update: I've got Fred nailed down for NEXT SPRING to get rid of those barberries! Finally! Hurray! Hurrah! How long till "next spring?" That's like February, right?
- Speaking of Fred, we celebrated our 7th anniversary earlier this month by shipping Elliot off to Tecumseh so I could sew and he could play video games. Uninterrupted. That? Is love.