Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Howdy Pardners, My Britches Don't Fit

I've come to terms with the fact that Elliot is shorter than the average bear. Apparently I haven't come to terms that he is actually still growing and not just weighing more.

It's pants weather and I excitedly grabbed the BEST pair of jeans ever - a pair of dark blue classic orange-stitched Levi's from his Grandma Cindy. I put them on and noticed they were a little snug and thought "eh, he'll be okay for today." I mean, really, he just wore them a few weeks ago, he can't possibly have outgrown them.

I should have known when I had to help him stand.

He gripped on to my arm for dear life and when he was standing shot me a peculiar look as if to say mom, what the heck? He was able to take almost 2 steps at a time, in a very bow-legged manner, before crashing to the ground. I thought my little cowboy was cute - I didn't realize he couldn't BEND HIS LEGS. He bowed and crashed a few more times before looking me directly in the eye and screaming.

Got it, Elliot. Got it loud and clear.

The pants came off and as my way of apologizing I let him run around pants-less for a while. I already miss those jeans. Oh, and you can send new clothes, size 18-24 months (shirts/pants) or 2T (shirts only) directly to our house.

No comments: