Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Even Though She Hates Me

Since I got home less than a week ago, the cat has bitten me 3 times.

I have a bruise the size of a quarter on my thigh from her biting me when I crawled into bed.

I have two bruises (one for the top teeth and one for the bottom) on my upper arm when she bit me through two layers of clothes. I was playing basketball with Elliot.

I have no doubt in her mind I deserved this for some reason. All I know is I saved her from a nasty pet store, nursed her back to health and let her roam the backyard. And THIS is how she repays me.

I hate her. I've contemplated giving her up. I often wish she'd run away and not come back. I often wish someone would just offer to take her and love her. But none of these involve me harming or killing her, unlike the guy in Lincoln the other day that - no, I'm not kidding you - put his kitty in his bong because she was hyper.

No comments: