Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WM: Sunday, July 19, 2009

I don't know what happened and how it became Wednesday night - but it is... so I better get cracking on our Weekend Moment.


It's the weekend Elliot didn't even know he was waiting for... Thomas the Train and Sir Topham Hatt were going to be in Fremont and we had tickets to ride! He should have had a great time - yelling, clapping and even dancing. He should have been trying to hang out the window and touch the dinga-dings (Railroad Crossings). He should have been blown away by the tent full of Thomas goodies for purchase. He should have at least cracked a smile. Once.

Turns out our little one was sick. He was diagnosed with Croup Saturday morning and was not himself on Sunday. After Thomas, a brief rebound at lunch and then a long nap he woke up in more pain than I have seen him in a long time. About 2 hours later the Urgent Care doc confirms my suspicions - raging ear infection.

So what, in here, is my Weekend Moment? Well. Err... I don't exactly know. Sadly, my favorite part of the weekend was when he was sick and cuddling to me closer than he has in a long time. He is, you know, 2 1/2 now and has many, many important things to tend to.

No comments: