Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

I was going to publicly rat out my sister for telling lies about me when we were younger - lies that my parents always believed over the truth that I was actually telling - but I decided not to.

...

..

.

Oh heck, let's do it anyway.

I was sitting next to my sister in the back of church while at a Confirmation ceremony. I don't even remember what we were doing (probably sticking our fingers under those weird little clip things) but Jen made me start laughing. Which then turned into a bout of giggling that I couldn't stop. My mother glared. Jen smirked and told my mom that I was laughing at the Confirmation name they just announced. It was a total and complete lie, but my mom believed it and I got in trouble for it.

In high school, I had plans to attend the Talent Show with my boyfriend Joe. We got there, sat down and endured the pain that is a high school talent show. I came home afterword to get yelled at by my parents for lying. Jen apparently told them that SHE went to the Talent Show and I was no where to be found. She was either blind or a liar, but again my mom believed her and I got grounded.

When we lived in Wisconsin, my neighbor Ashley and I hung out quite a bit. We also liked to hang out with the boys from the next street over - a street that I was not allowed to hang out on. So, one day, Ashley and I took a walk to the end of our road and sat around talking and watching the frogs jump in and out of the drainage ditch ... boring, really. I no more than get one foot back in the door when I'm instantly grounded for lying about where I was. Jen, in the background, is sticking up for her lies, telling my mom that Ashley and I went to the other street and hung out with those boys.

What I'd like to know, Jen, is WHY?
And Mom, WHY?

1 comment:

Jen Craun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.