Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Timing is Everything

As you all know, this blog is titled 'Seckmans Say What' and when it began it was not only me posting blogs. My other half used to contribute.

The reason he doesn't contribute may be my doing. You see, we were driving down the road one day and we were having a conversation about .. I don't know, probably something to buy at Target .. and he made some mention about never even blogging. I simply said that I had been considering yanking his rights from our blog anyway because his blogs are boring and I just hadn't found the right time to tell him.

Apparently that was not the right time.

He gave me this 'you're going to make me eat generic ketchup to save a buck?' look and said "Wow." That was it - just "Wow." I laughed, trying to make like it never came out of my mouth as a serious idea but it didn't work. Damage was done.

Since then he has emailed me rather funny stories and I always respond - BLOG THAT! - but he doesn't. I don't know if he's trying to scold me for threatening to banish him or what. Today's baked potato story is especially funny but I doubt you'll get the privilege of hearing it.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him. That post about his geek watch was.. err.. riveting? It is impressive that he can do the mathematical functions that he does. And its essentially a job requirement for him. It's just not a blog requirement and if anyone can tell me how to broach this subject politely please tell me.

Now, here's for hoping he finds the humor in THIS post... Otherwise I might be locked out of my house when I get home tonight.

No comments: