Monday, September 27, 2010

It is with a heavy heart that I clack out this post as my thoughts are entirely consumed by the passing of Fred's Grandpa Chuck.

I believe that everyone should have a Grandpa Chuck. He's the guy that always stopped to chat, enjoyed a good laugh and doled out wisdom as needed:
  • If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly
  • It's just as easy to keep the top half full
  • I was lookin' for a job when I found this one
  • If it's free, take two

Last year we celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in style (read: cake). From the day they got married, Chuck promised Judy he'd give her 50 years and, staying true to his word, 50 years is what he gave. Their 51st anniversary would have been next month.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want my future to include 50 years with Fred and still be the couple that Chuck and Judy were. Laughing both, with and at each other and telling our grandkids the stories of our young lives as though it just happened yesterday.

We should all be so lucky.
In love, and being loved.

No comments: